Saturday, September 19, 2009

Remember the Bee Shortage...?




Last year I heard a lot about the shortage of bees and how a lot of the hives were dying out. I haven't heard any more about it this year, and I've seen a lot more bees this year than the past several years. The Asters Mark planted on my hillside are in full bloom and looking at them I see at least one bee for every two flowers on the plant! The plant is full of flowers and full of bees. Click on the picture and count the bees you see. I came back and edited this entry and added a picture of the Monarch Butterflies visiting the flowers. What a wildlife sanctuary I have. Well, sanctuary for all but the squirrels.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, that's where all the bees went.
QMM

Kevin said...

You heard about it last year? That's like Mom just hearing about the pirates last year. I think your sons need treat you guys like the president and prepare weekly news briefings.

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Someone tell Kevin not to get smart.