Friday, September 11, 2009

I really did used to Run.....



This is me finishing the 1981 Ky Derby Festival Mini-Marathon. This race is 13.1 miles, from Iroquois Park to Main Street in Downtown Louisville. I ran this race 10 years in a row, from 1978 thru 1987. As you can see, I was a little bit thinner then, and, you can't really tell, but I had my original hip. Also, my mustache was a shade darker. Now days, I get tired when I drive 13.1 miles.
As fast as I was moving, I'm surprised this picture wasn't 'blurrier'.

6 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

I'm surprised we got a picture at all as fast as you were moving.

Kevin said...

Dad's moving so fast, all those people in the background think they're still watching HIM.

Kevin said...

And shame on me. You look like you were in much better shape than I am at the same age.

Brian said...

Hey...Steve Prefontaine! Is that your race number or the year this photo was taken?

HAH. And look at that red stache. Very nice.

Judith Bowman said...

Well, Bobby, I do delcare...no wonder you can walk 18 holes nowadays (for-real-real-real). And you look just as fetching back then as you do today.

Brian said...

and you look a little like Ned Flanders. All you need is a pink shirt and green sweater.