Wednesday, April 1, 2009

St Matthias Field


I metal detected at St Matthias Field again today. I found a total of $1.05 there in the morning and $0.09 at Highland Middle School after lunch. At HMS I also found the small broken I.D. bracelet that says "Stan" on the front and R.M.A. 45' and 'sterling' on the back. So it is silver. I found the bullet at St. Matthias. With it being Spring Break, I had plent of company while I was doing my metal detecting:
"What are you doing?"
"Can I help you dig?"
"Have you found anything yet?"
"Do you do this for a living?"
"My name is Coreyon. I go to Shawnee."
"How come that makes noise?."
And a blue million other questions. At St. Matthias I got permission from the people there to metal detect. They said "No Problem, you can't hurt anything". So, Mark and Brian, if you ever want to go there, we have permission. I've checked the volleyball court and around the benches at the basketball court, but there's a huge field that I haven't touched. That's where we used to practice football when I was in St. Matthias. Tomorrow I'm playing golf at Houston Oaks in Paris, Ky. Then, Erin and Jill are coming over in the afternoon to spend the night. So, I won't be metal detecting the next couple of days. I'll be having fun in other ways!

2 comments:

Brian said...

very nice. Your pictures are getting better, too.

Mark said...

That’s some good hunting there, Dad! I’m happy I just got permission to search at an old house right near where I work; I’ll try to stop by there at lunch today. I think the owner said it was built in 1910. The land around it was probably farm fields before it was developed.