Monday, April 13, 2009

More loot from St. Matthias Field


I metal detected at St. Matthias Field again today. I think it's my favorite place. I've gotten friendly with the maintenance man there and feel comfortable metal detecting there. There's about 6 acres of field and I haven't covered even half an acre yet. So, I've still got a lot of ground to cover. I've just checked the volleyball court and around the basketball court and still need to check a lot more around the basketball court. I haven't found anything good yet, but I find enough to keep me busy digging. Today I found $1.18 and one of the pennies was a 1932. I thought the key was kinda neat. I've never seen one with sports balls on it. And, the little "B" bead I found digging a hole for a coin. I had to keep it because it had a "B" on it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The "B" is my favorite. When the penny is gone from our currency you will have a fortune. The crossword puzzles will have an ancient coin of the U.S.-----.