Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Great find at Old River Road Country Club


I metal detected at the old River Road Country Club this morning and had the find of the century! Looking around the area Brian thinks was an old wishing well my detector hit on something that I thought must be either a sprinkler head or a pipe. After digging down about 3 inches my spade hit something metal. I thought it was some sort of metal plate but I saw a small handle on it. I widened the hole to get to the edge and realized it was a box. After some careful digging, not knowing what it could be, I pulled a metal box from the ground. It was locked, but I pryed it open with my digging knife. What a surprise! It was full of cash! I took it straight home before I even examined the rest of the contents. It was all cash! Mary Lynn and I counted it and it totaled $10,000! I have no idea how it got their, but now I'm way ahead of Mark and Brian in money found!

3 comments:

Bad Bob said...

APRIL FOOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

I knew I hid that darn money somewhere in Louisville.

Brian said...

I have a key to your house and you have to fall asleep sometime.