Thursday, April 30, 2009

Derby Day Predictions

Derby Day is fast approaching. This is the first year in a long time I don't have an on-line account to place bets on Derby Day. I'm going to miss it. So, on Oaks and Derby Day I'm going to make my selections and at the end of the day see how much money I saved. This will probably be the year every thing I pick wins at 30-1!
Predictions:
*I will have my first hot flower bloom on Derby Day.

*My Iris in the front yard will bloom on Derby Day. Because of the shade from the tree, it has never bloomed.

*Last but not least, Dunkirk will win the Derby with West Side Bernie second.

Pictures of Hot Flowers, Iris's, and me jumping up and down will be in a follow-up post!

4 comments:

Kevin said...

According to my chart, I, too, think those two will be right together when they cross the wire. Interesting.

Anonymous said...

Bob, what are hot flowers? I am sorry your Iris are not in bloom. Mine are facing the South and in full bloom. My Clementis is about to bloom.

Kevin said...

Yes, please tell us, oh upstanding citizen that you are, what are hot flowers?

Bad Bob said...

Hot flowers are Mexican Primrose. You'll have to ask Mary Lynn why we call them "Hot Flowers"!