Wednesday, April 8, 2009

April 8, 1967 - A lifetime ago


Today is our 42 wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe that we've been married 2/3 of our life! We were 21 when we got married so we've been married twice as long as we were single. We were married at High Noon, at St. Columba Church on W. Market St. The reception was at the Shawnee Golf Course Clubhouse. Looking at our wedding pictures now, we sure looked like kids! And, I guess at 21, we were. But, even at that young age we made a good decision.

You'll have to excuse the picture, but I copied it out of our wedding album and I don't know how to crop it in 'My Pictures'.
Dub Jansing was my Best Man, and Kathy McDonald was Mary Lynn's Maid of Honor. We were married on a Saturday, and Sunday afternoon we left for California where I was stationed in the Navy. After 6 months in California I was sent to Vietnam and Mary Lynn went back to Louisville to stay with her parents. So after 6 months of marriage , we were apart for a year! It was a difficult year.
But, when I got home in October, 1968, we wasted no time starting a family! Mark was born 9 months later in July, 1969. Kevin followed two years later. Then Brian.
Now look at us! Two lovely daughters-in-law, that we love, and two of the most beautiful granddaughters we could have imagined! Look at what April 8, 1967 has produced!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you two. April is a month of anniversaries and birthdays in our family too.
I know our children are proud of our long faithfulness to our vows.