Sunday, April 26, 2009

A little golf, a little metal detecting

I played golf for the first time at Polo Fields GC Friday. Shot a 48-48= 96, with poor iron play being my major downfall. Sure, I three putted a lot of greens, but they were pretty tough greens and everyone else three putted a few times, too. Mostly though, it was just the poor iron play. Played in a scramble today at Cherokee. We Birdied 5 holes and bogied 3, finishing at -2. This was the first time I've played in a scramble where the rule was "Whichever tee shot you choose, that player doesn't get to hit the second shot." Doesn't seem like much trouble, but it makes a big difference when you have a very good player, someone who has a lot of their tee shots selected, and they don't get to hit to the green!
I metal detected at Audubon Elem School grounds Saturday afternoon, after getting home from Erin and Jill's soccer game. Found a total of 97 cents. I found 8 dimes. Those kids loose a lot of dimes. Their parents need to start giving them quarters for milk money. Preferably pre-1964 quarters.

No comments: