Thursday, April 2, 2009

Round 9 for the year at Houston Oaks GC

I played Houston Oaks GC today in Paris, Ky. Very nice course! I've played it once before, but it was in a scramble. I remembered a lot of the holes when I saw them, but couldn't remember how they were layed out. The scores:

Bob Tabler 43 - 50 = 93
Harold Goad 48 - 46 = 94
J. R. Harris 49 - 48 = 97

I started out strong on the front, but faded on the back nine. On the back a couple of bad shots and a couple of bad decisions caused a fat score. I hit into the water once laying up, misjudging the ground slope with very thin grass to stop the ball. And once hit it into a creek that I should have known was ther but wasn't paying close enough attention. Harold played a steady round, getting 7 skins and one sugar. I ended with 6 skins. J. R. ended with 4 skins, but made a nice comeback on the final 10 holes. His for skins were all singles and he beat me by 2 strokes on the back nine. This was after scoring an '11' on the 10th hole! Congratulations on a nice nine Mr. Harris! I hit a lot a good shots, but need to reduce the number of terrible shots and play a little smarter next time. Anyway, it was a nice course, nice day, and good company.

No comments: