Friday, May 31, 2013

Round 16. and pleased with the way I played

We played Shawnee GC today.  I walked the front nine, but due to the heat and trying to get over this Bronchial Infection I've had, I rode the back nine.  I really hit the ball well all day, even though a few of my fairway woods were pushed a little.  I had more birdie putts than I think I've ever had.  I putted well, but just couldn't make those birdie putts.  Got them close, but just couldn't make them. 
I ended up shooting a 37 - 44 = 81.  Both nines could have been much better if I'd been able to get a few putts to fall.  Like I said, I think I putted well, just didn't make them.  I had a lot of tap in par putts, and I think that says a lot for how well you played.
I hope I continue to hit the ball well.  I'm sure the putts will fall sooner or later.

No comments: