Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Round 15 for the Year in the Books

I played Iroquois GC today.  It's our normal Shawnee GC day, but this week and next week we flip-flop and play Iroquois on Tuesday and Shawnee on Thursday due to tournaments scheduled.
I played decent today.  Felt like I hit the ball well, putted well, but didn't score well.  Probably the part of my game that wasn't very good was my chipping.  But I ended up with a 42 - 39 = 81, which netted me a 71 with my 10 handicap.  Our team averaged 72.3 score, and we were the 2nd team out.  When we got in the first team in had already beaten our score with a 71.5, so I didn't hang around.  We had 5 groups today and it would have been a good day to win.
While I like playing well like today, it's probably the worst thing to do.  Play well enough to lower your handicap, but not well enough to win.  So I can look for my handicap to remain 10 or maybe drop 1, so I'll have to shoot in the 70's if I expect to win any money!

No comments: