Friday, May 24, 2013

A little more metal detecting

I went over to the Zoo field today and spent about 1/2 hour metal detecting.  I didn't spend very long because: 1.  I'm out of metal detecting shape, and 2.  The Zoo parking lot was filling fast and I thought they might start parking people in the field at any time.
In the short time I was there I found 47 cents, one of the pennies being a 1957 Wheat Penny. 
The Zoo field is really a 'clean' field, in that you don't get a lot of hits because of a bunch of garbage in the ground.  I've been over that field pretty thoroughly, but with many random passes, I'm never sure of what I've covered.  Also, as they continue to park cars there, there's always a chance of something of value being lost. 
It felt good to get a little detecting in.

No comments: