Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day 2013

Each Memorial Day I visit Zachary Taylor National Cemetery.  I appreciate the honor shown to our Service men and women.  Flags at each grave and the driveway lined with flags.  They hold a service around 2 pm which I've never attended, but draws a large crowd.  I've passed by there intending to go before, but the parking is terrible.  You have to park about a mile down Brownsboro road and walk.  So I visit a little later in the day.  It's still crowded with people paying their respect.  I like to see that.  I straighten a few of the flags as I'm walking to and from my parents grave site.



 

I walk back to visit Dad and Mom's grave site.  It's pretty far back off the main driveway. 
When Mary Lynn and I made our burial arrangements, I wanted to be buried in Zachary Taylor Cemetery, but they said it was already full.  I've always been impressed with the headstones, the way they line up no matter which direction you're looking.  I think the solid white headstones are pretty, and the place is always well manicured. 

I'm proud of my Dad's service.

1 comment:

Mark said...

And I am proud of my dad's service, too!