Thursday, January 5, 2012

My first round of golf for 2012!

Here I am teeing off on #1.  Well, no, it wasn't quite that bad.
We played Iroquois GC today.  It was in the upper 30's when we teed off, but got into the mid 40's by the time we finished.  The greens were frozen through about 12-13 holes and your ball bounced off the back if you hit the green with a high shot.  A lot of the holes that have elevated greens it was just impossible to hit.  Hit it short hoping to run it on, and it would plug, hit the green and you went over the back.  It made it a little difficult.  My first round for the year was a 39 - 41 = 80.  We played the back nine first.  Our foursome last week, with Brian, won low team by half a stroke.  So, Brian, I have $6 for you.  We averaged net 72 and won by half a stroke.  This week our team averaged net 72.2, so I'm hoping we can pull another one in. 

No comments: