Monday, January 16, 2012

More collectibles for Viewing

I have framed and  hanging on my basement wall, a picture of Seattle Slew in the Winners Circle after winning the Kentucky Derby.  The picture is signed to me by the winning jockey, Jean Cruguet.  Also, the 3 $2 win tickets on Seattle Slew are signed on the back by him.  Plus, the program from that race.
A good friend of mine, Greg Lynn, is an ex-jockey who lives near Jean Cruguet in Versailles, KY, got these autographs for me.
Seattle Slew was a Triple Crown winner in 1977.  The following year, Affirmed won the Triple Crown and is the last one to do so!  I also have 3 $2 win tickets on Affirmed, but don't have them framed.
I wish I had tickets on Secretariat, but I didn't think to do this until a few years later.  No, I didn't bet these tickets, but worked at the track during this time, and went to the cashier's line and bought the tickets from those standing in line waiting to cash.  Thought they'd be good souvenirs.  In 1977 I bet on #1, Bob's Dusty, for obvious reasons.   I just wish I'd thought of buying these tickets in 1973.  And, I really like the tickets the way they used to be, not like they are now.

1 comment:

Judith Bowman said...

Great souveniers and collectibles for a Kentucky-Derby-lover!