Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Another round of Golf in January

It was cold and muddy today.  A lot of the fairways looked a lot like the picture at left, only we weren't wearing shorts.  It was pretty nippy the front nine, but finally warmed up enough to be comfortable on the back nine.  We played another "Shamble" today, where we take the best drive and play our own ball from there.

I shot a 39 - 41 = 80.  I really don't know how our team did, but we all played pretty bad.  But, sometimes when the team plays bad everybody else in the other groups are playing bad.  So, you never know.  I didn't stay around long enough to find out who won today.  I don't mind sticking around a little while, but the last group was 5 holes behind us.
I started hitting the ball better the last 4 or 5 holes.  I was making much better contact.  It's always nice to be able to get in a round of golf this time of year.  It doesn't look like this Thursday will be a golf day.  Heavy rain is forecast. 

No comments: