Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Golfing on Tuesday at Shawnee, Won't count for the year

I played my usual Tuesday Golf and Shawnee GC today.  But, they changed it up a little this time.  We played a 'Shamble'.  That is where you go to the best drive, and then play your own ball from there.  So, not playing my own ball all the way I can't count this as a round played this year.
I did find out today that I won last Thursday.  My team was low team, $5, and I was low man, $11!  Money just keeps rolling in!

Today's round we played low team only.  I played pretty good with a 33 - 40 = 73.  I was one under on the front.  I don't care if it was a shamble, that's a pretty good score.  I played with two pretty low handicappers, so we won't get many strokes to get our net score down, but we played pretty good.  I imagine J. R. will call me in a little while and let me know if I won any money today.  He usually stays around til everybody gets in and then calls me to fill me in on the results.

Looks like this might be the last time playing for awhile.  The weather looks like it's going to turn cold for the rest of the week, so I'm sure Thursdays out.  Maybe next Tuesday.

No comments: