Thursday, December 8, 2011

The year is winding down, but still time for a few more rounds of Golf!

I got in round 62 for the year today.  We played Iroquois GC today.  A little chilly, but the sun was shining.

Don't you just love Winter Golf?  It was about 32 degrees when we teed off about 10:30.  I think it climbed to 40 degrees or so by the time we got done.  I was in the last 3-some of 4 groups today.  I don't know why it takes these people so long to play.  We were over 4 1/2 hours. 

I hit the ball well today considering this was my 2nd round in the past 4 weeks.  Only one hole did I hit the ball poorly, resulting in a triple bogey.  My poor scoring was the result of poor putting.  I bet I 3putted 10 greens today.  I shot a 40 - 45 = 85.  My handicap of 10 netted my down to a 75.  We didn't win any money today.  I think my lack of play caused my poor putting.  I had a lot of long putts that I either ran well past the hole, or left well short.  Then, missed my next putt.  I will say ,though, that a got a lot of them close!  A few lip outs.  But, still, berry, berry, poor putting.

Oh well, I don't think I'll be able to get 9 more rounds in to tie last year.

1 comment:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Brrrrr.....you played on a cold day.