Thursday, December 29, 2011

Probably The Last Round of the Year, #64

We played Iroquois GC today in what will in all probability be my last round for 2011.  The weather wasn't bad but the course was really sloppy.  Almost every hole you had to slosh up part of the fairway.  I played with Brian today, with my usual Thursday group.  Our foursome finished with and average net score of 72.  I don't know how we did, team wise.  But our average score was pretty easy to compute.  We ALL shot a 72!  Brian, zero handicap, shot a 72.  My 83 less 11 was 72.  JR had a 87 less 15, 72, and Buddy shot a 78, less his 6 handicap, 72.  I'd love to see that be the low score and all of us split the money plus win the team money.  I don't think that will happen. 
The course played a little tough today, with the wind blowing pretty good and the fairways pretty wet.  We do play from the forward tees, but this time of year, with the wind, cold air, and wet fairways, we need to.  The greens must have been really tough today because we had a whole lot of 3-putts. I know I had my share.  They were a lot faster than we gave them credit for, and those downhill putts really rolled well past the hole.  I 3-putted the last 2 holes plus a penalty stroke dropping out from against a tree on 17.  3 strokes wasted on the last 2 holes.  My 83 should easily have been below 80.  But, this time of year I'm always glad to just get in a round of golf and I have to be happy with whatever score I shoot.  So, I'm happy.  I did find out that I won $4 from the last round I played at Shawnee GC several weeks ago.  We tied low team.

No comments: