Friday, November 25, 2011

Playing my last round at Long Run GC

My experiences at Long Run GC has been much like my experiences at Steak and Shake.  I've never had a good experience at either place.  So, I'll state right now, I'll never play Long Run GC again, no matter what comes up.
I played with Brian, Kevin, and J. R.  Even playing bad and hating this course that's always in terrible shape, I still had a nice time playing golf with them.  I shot a 48 -47 = 95 for my 61st round of the year.  I had 71 rounds last year, so I have 10 more this year to catch up.  Don't think I'll make it.  It has been 2 weeks since I've played.  That may have had something to do with how bad I played.  But mostly, I believe the fact that I hate this course played on my mind more than anything, and the whole time I'm playing thinking " Why the hell did I agree to play here?"  The fairways were bad, the greens were shaggy and rutted.  And to top that off, our cart barely made it in to the clubhouse.  The battery was almost played out. 

Oh well, enough complaining.  By playing terrible, that made me hate the course just that much more.  So, I'll let it be.  But, I'll never play there again!

No comments: