Sunday, November 6, 2011

I need to find a place to do some metal detecting

I metal detected at Chance School Field today for about an hour and an half.  I started near the pumpkin vines to the right of the Chance Chase Starting line.  That area has only yielded pieces of aluminum cans in the past, and it was the same way today.  I roamed up to the soccer field, only to find an occasional piece of can there.  I did find a piece of 12 gauge shotgun shell.  I found 2 quarters along the edge of the soccer field.  The 2 pennies were lying on top the grass near the parking circle.

The wires were found at the north end of the parking circle.  I've found pieces of wire like this in that area in the past, and I think there is still a lot of those pieces there.  I don't know if they're copper or what, but they don't seem to disintegrate when in the ground.  And, they're not magnetic.

I don't know if there's anything left to find at that field.  I've been very disappointed in the finds there.  I've always been sure there are silver coins to be found, but other that that half dollar coin, I just can't turn them up.   I sure wish I could find a good place to detect.  I need people who live in old homes to allow me to detect their yards.  If I thought they'd let me, I'd go knocking on doors in old neighborhoods asking permission.  But, I think that was just me a waste of time.  I need someone who knows me and who lives in an old house to let me detect.  Help!

No comments: