Tuesday, November 8, 2011

News Flash!...Bob plays a decent round at Shawnee GC!

I've had a little time to think about my golf game since the last time I played.  We were rained out last Thursday so it's been a week since I've played.

I few little things I know I've been doing wrong, just not having the right concentration on each shot  was the main thing.  So I was anxious to get out again to see how I would play.

Today I shot a 36 - 43 = 79, where a week ago I was shooting a 44 - 45 = 90.  My back nine should have been a couple of strokes better.  I lost my tee shot into the trees on the right on hole #17 (lack of concentration), and hit a nice iron to the green that came up just a little short and fell back into the bunker.  My only double bogey of the round.  I think my front nine and possibly my total for the 18 might win me some money.  My handicap on Tuesdays has gotten up  a little since I've been shooting these bad scores, so my net should look pretty good.  I don't know what my handicap is at the present for Shawnee.  I was pleased with my putting today.  I made a few nice putts and when I didn't make them they were just good putts that didn't go in.

This was round 59 for the year!

No comments: