Saturday, June 26, 2010

Kearney Hills GL, Round 29 FTY


Not so good today. I think it was my fairway shots that did me in. I shot a 46 - 49 = 95. I 3 putted a couple of greens, but they were big greens and fast. I don't think my putting was to bad. I got off the tee very well, except for one par 3 that I drowned a ball. Yep, it was my fairway shots that killed me. This course plays very long for me, from the white tees, 6383 yards. By comparison, Iroquois from the yellow tees is 5226 yards. Pretty big difference for a short knocker like me. I would have to make up for it by being super good at chipping and putting, and I was just OK. I hit a lot of good shots today, always having to hit a wood to the green on par 4's makes for a lot of opportunities to screw up. And, I took advantage of those opportunities. Oh well, it was fun, and I got to see a couple of fellow workers from Toyota that I hadn't seen since I left.
* This is an addition to the original post. I forgot to tell you that Greg Lynn, who got the tee time and was the only reason I drove 75 miles to play, had to quit after 6 holes because of back problems.

No comments: