Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Another hot and humid round of golf


I played round 26 for the year today at Shawnee GC. I played better today than I did Sunday, but not good enough to win any money. I started off pretty good, only one over after 6 holes, but finished that nine 6 over. I finished double bogey, double bogey, bogey, for a 42. We played the back nine first today. I shot a 42 - 41 = 83.
Man was it hot! It really takes the joy out of the game when it's this hot and you walk 18. This Thursday I'm riding at Iroquois. I might just stop playing on Tuesdays if it stays this hot. I can't afford to play golf 2 or 3 times a week and ride. It costs me 3 times as much to play and ride as it does to walk. Why can't they have a senior rate for carts, too? Us old guys need carts more than the younger ones. We shouldn't have to pay the same price. (This was sarcasm, I'm not really whining)
This hot weather really does make it difficult to concentrate on your shot. Sweat streaming down your face and over your glasses on each shot makes for poor concentration. Oh well, only about 3 more months before cooler weather starts setting in.

2 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

You said only three more months before cooler weather sets in. And once that cooler weather comes, Christmas is right around the corner.

Bad Bob said...

What has Christmas got to do with golf. It has absolutely no.....Oh, wait a minute. Are you getting me something really neat for Christmas that has something to do with golf? I can't wait!