Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I coulda been a contender....


The Wheels fell off! Round 30 for the year was played at Shawnee GC today. It was O' so close to a good round. I shot a 38 - 44 = 84. The front side, I had one hole where I hit one out of bounds, then proceeded to par the hole, add two strokes for penalty, double bogey. End up with a 38, 4 over par. The back side, parred the first 4 holes, bogey, bogey, then double bogey the last 3 holes. On each of the last 3 holes I shanked a pitching wedge. I putted well to keep from triple bogeying each hole.
The weather was a little better today, but it was still hot. I walked the 18 holes, and my collapse on the final 3 holes might be due to fatigue. I don't think so, I think the wheels just fell of the wagon, but fatigue may have helped a little. It's possible that my 38 net 31 on the front side might win me some money. I'll find out Thursday when I play Iroquois GC.

No comments: