Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It was Hot! Africa Hot!


We played our Tuesday golf at Iroquois GC today instead of Shawnee GC. I think Shawnee had some type of tournament going on.
Well, you know, when you think you've got your game figured out, BANG! It shoots you in the foot, or there abouts. I just knew I'd be close to an 80 today, maybe even break 80. The first 3 holes, par, par, par, then it happened. Ball in the creek, ball hit off the toe of a 3 wood straight right OB, ball behind a tree. I kind of righted the ship on the back side, but overall, very disappointing. I shot a 47 - 40 = 87. I'm still not putting. I just don't feel comfortable over a putt. Standing there, I have no idea how hard to hit it, short putts just won't go in the hole. I make a fairly long putt every so often, but overall, I just don't feel comfortable over a putt. I guess it'll come around eventually.
I did walk today. It was very hot. I can't afford to rent a cart every time I play. I can play city courses during the week at the senior rate of $7.50. That's pretty cheap. If I rent a cart it jumps up to $21. Playing anywhere from 2 - 5 times a week, renting a cart jumps the price of golf WAY up there. So, I'll have to ration that out.

1 comment:

Brian said...

maybe it's time to buy a cart...you can just park it in the front yard. It's classy.