Friday, June 25, 2010

How to enjoy a non-golf Day......



Wednesday was the day Mary Lynn, Kim, and Judy got together to paint Jill's room. I got to keep an eye on Erin and Jill while they painted. Pretty good deal!
I sat under an umbrella in the back yard for about an hour while they played in the pool. Then we went in and played a board game for awhile. After Erin and Jill got to 'help' paint for a little bit, we went on a little trip. I had to go to Walmart to exchange a CD player. While there, the girls saw a new Strawberry Shortcake DVD
that excited both of them. So, we had to get that! Then to the bookstore, where they love to look through the books and tell me about all the ones they have and don't have. Then, of course, a stop at Walgreens where they get to pick out a Hostess treat. Then, back to the house to see how the painters were doing.
I don't often get to spend that much time with the girls without having to 'share' them. It was fun!

2 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

It was fun...both for you, Erin and Jill, and the painters. And I LOVE that orange.

Judith Bowman said...

Wow - Grampy got a 'special time' with Erin and Jill! They loved just having you and Mary Lynn over, I know. The new Strawberry Shortcake movie was just a bonus. And we did have fun painting. The orange really looks good!