Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Winter Golf at Shawnee GC


I played round number 69 for the year today. I shot a 41 - 40 = 81. Not a bad round, but I had a few ugly holes with big numbers. Considering I birdied 3 holes today, the score doesn't look that good. But, I was off for almost 2 weeks, so my consistency was off a little. Getting in 18 holes this time of year is always nice, and walking the 18 is good exercise. Once again, the round won't be good enough to get me any money, but will probably lower my handicap. I had a little problem with the trees today. I hit two shots that hit trees that ended up further from the hole than my original lie. And, twice I had to chip out sideways from behind a tree. So, I guess even with 3 birdies, that kind of tree trouble could have led to a big score for the 18. So I guess I should be very happy with an 81. And, I am.

7 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

The reason you had a little problem with the trees is that there were no Christmas lights on them.

Judith Bowman said...

HA!

Judith Bowman said...

Maybe I should clarify my HA! It's a good-natured HA! at a 'light' comment about Christmas decor, not intended as anything but an expression of how this made me laugh a little at silly things like lights or no lights or help or no help and....OK, I'll stop. You know what I mean. A chuckle at the humor, nothing personal or mean-spirited or anything like that. Sort of something like, 'lighten' up! Right? (Did I say I'd stop?) OK. I stop.

Judith Bowman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judith Bowman said...

P.S. Bad Bob, I like your golfing Santa. Nice touch.

Bad Bob said...

HA!

Judith Bowman said...

Ok. THAT was funny.