Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I went Christmas Shopping yesterday...well, almost



I went to Oxmoor Shopping Center yesterday. I didn't start out to do that, but ended up going. I started out metal detecting at Cox's Park. But, it was very cold yesterday and when I got to the park I found out my gloves were still wet from the day before. So, wearing wet gloves in 37 degree weather didn't last very long. So, I decided to go to Oxmoor Mall and walk around. AMAZING! I couldn't believe how crowded it was. I mean, I know it's Christmas time and all, but it was Noon, on a Tuesday, 2 weeks before Christmas! Don't any of these people work? I just walked around, what you would call 'window shopping' I guess. I've already got my Christmas shopping done, but I thought if I found something really cool, I'd buy it. Well, I didn't spend a penny. It was kinda neat though, watching everyone else spend a fortune. I saw so many people walking around with bags and bags of goodies. What's wrong with these people? Does everybody have to try to outdo everybody else in giving stuff for Christmas? If somebody gets 3 or 4 things for Christmas, isn't that enough?
No, I'm not a Scrooge. But I do think the giving is overdone. People are Nuts!
Anyway, for Kim's info.....the big Steamboat at Oxmoor is no longer there! Just a tile floor now.

5 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Bah..humbug to you.

Judith Bowman said...

3 or 4 gifts??? THREE or FOUR? What else is Christmas about? PRESENTS!!! It's surely not about being kind, being thrifty, getting your shopping done early, and having everything done before Christmas Eve...SURELY not just sitting on the mall bench with all the old men and thinking how nuts people are.... Surely not, Bad Bob. PLEASE tell me you aren't serious, Bad Bob.

Kevin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin said...

Never mind. I posted a really funny (to me) comment, but I don't want to be Bah-humbugged.

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

When I read Kevin's comment, I laughed, not even knowing what he'd deleted. I guess I'd rather not know. You Tabler Men.