Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Another round of golf in the books!

I played at Shawnee GC today for round 24 of the year.  I walked the 18 holes today and I felt pretty good when I got done.  The weather was nice.  We had a little shower for about 5-10 minutes, but when it finished, the sun came out for the rest of the round.  It only got into the low 80's today, but with the recent rains and the short shower today, it was plenty humid. 
I hit the ball really well today.  Probably as well as I've ever hit the ball for 18 holes.  However, my putting was terrible.  I shot a 42 - 43 = 85.  It seemed when I read a green correctly, I didn't hit a good putt.  But when I misread the green, I hit a good putt that didn't do what I thought it would do.  So, overall, it was a poor putting round.  I think if I'd putted well, I'd have easily broken 80.  And that's pretty good for me at Shawnee. 
I like to walk, if I can.  When the weather is cool I'll walk.  But, I just can't handle the 90's and heat indexes of over 100.  So, when it's hot, I'll have to cut down to playing once a week and riding!

No comments: