Thursday, June 27, 2013

Bad Front Nine, Good Back Nine

It was a hot one today, so I rode the whole 18.  I'm not going to try to walk when the heat index gets above 90.  I might try walking the front nine at Shawnee GC, when it's early enough that it hasn't gotten that hot yet.  But today we played at Iroquois GC, and I won't attempt it there.
I didn't have a very good front nine, double bogied three holes, two of them were par 5's.  It's hard to keep your score down with a couple of 7's on the card.  I played much better on the back nine.  Plus, I really putted well the whole 18.  It could have been a much higher score if I hadn't saved a few holes with nice putting.
I shot a 45 - 39 = 84.  I mentioned in an earlier blog that my handicap at Iroquois is now a 7.  So my 84 netted me down to a 77.  I takes a score in the 60's to win low man, and an average team score of around 70 to win low team.  Needless to say, my 77 didn't help my team.  Luckily, I guess, the whole team played pretty bad today, so not winning wasn't just my fault.
This was round 23 for the year.

No comments: