Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Golf at Shawnee for Round 27

It was a little cooler today, so I thought I'd play a little golf.  I rode a cart the whole 18 holes.  I shot a 40 - 44 = 84.  Not  a bad round, but a few holes cost me. My handicap at Shawnee is 8.  So that 84 netted me a 76.  Not good enough to win any money.   I doubled the 10th, 11th, and bogeyed the 12 for 5 over after 3 holes on the back nine, but then finished 8 over.  So I was only 3 over for the last 6 holes. 
One problem I had was on several  long putts I left them way short, causing me to  putt.  I didn't putt bad overall, just a few holes.  My chipping was pretty good, and I hit some good fairway woods.  My driving wasn't as good today has it's been the last few times I've played, but it was OK.  So, I guess, overall, I didn't play that bad.  Like I said earlier, just a few holes cost me in the final score.  Of course, I didn't play at all last week, so I can see where my consistency would be a little off.
I plan on playing again Thursday at Iroquois GC.  Should be a pretty nice day.  I hope to walk the front nine, then ride the back nine.  We'll see!

1 comment:

mary lynn said...

Let it me noted that I read your golf blog. And I've never ever enjoyed reading anything more.