Thursday, July 21, 2011

This heat is getting to be a little much....

My Thursday golf at Iroqouis GC was a hot one.  And I don't mean I played great.  This 115 degree heat index can make even a fun thing like golf a little miserable.  I rode a cart again today.  I wouldn't even attempt to walk in this heat.  Nobody else did, either.  I played another consistent round, 42 - 38 = 80.  I only had one double bogey today, but it was early in the round, hole #5.  I'd just birdied the hole before that, so I kinda threw that away.
I'm not putting real well.  I'm leaving a lot of putts short.  I think the greens were a little slow today because I don't think they'll keep them very short in this heat.  Even some putts I hit well just aren't falling.  You go through stages I guess.  Sometimes they fall, sometimes they don't.  But I have to be happy with an 80 in the heat.  We lost the team low score by half a stroke.  I lost low round by 2 strokes.  I'm an '8' handicap on Thursdays now, so my score of 80 netted me a 72.  I keep shooting around an 80 and not winning.  My handicap keeps going down and I've got no money to show for it. 
It looks like it's gonna be hot at least the first part of next week.  I'm ready for a break in the weather.  Mid-80's weather looks good to me right now!

No comments: