Thursday, July 7, 2011

I'm in the money!

I played my usual Thursday golf at Iroquois GC today.  I found out that my 79 I shot on Tuesday won some money. I tied with 3 other people for low front nine, but I won low back nine and the low 18 by myself, for a total of $32! 
I rode a cart today. It makes playing 18 holes in this heat so much easier. It didn't take long today to get my first double bogey. I doubled the first hole! Then I doubled #8 for 2 double bogey's on the front side.  Then I doubled #15, a par 3, on the back nine.  But, I did manage to birdie two holes on the back side.  I had another good round today and our team won and I tied two other guys for low round.  I shot a 43 - 36 = 79.  We got $7 each for the team win and I got $4 for tying low score.  So, altogether today I got $43!  I'm thinking about retiring and playing golf for a living.
This was round 29 for the year.

No comments: