Tuesday, July 5, 2011

It's hotter than the 4th of July!

I guess, because it's the 5th of July.  But it's hot! Once again Shawnee GC didn't have any drinking water on the back nine.  I carry water bottles with me, but in this heat I go through about 1 bottle every 2 or 3 holes, and I need a cooler or water fountain to keep my bottle full.  I called metro call last week and complained. It didn't do any good.  I complained again when I got home and told them I wanted someone to call me.

I tell ya, it's sweltering out there when you're walking 18 holes!  I made it all the way to hole #16 before I had a double bogey today. I got a lucky break when my drive went to the right, smack into the middle of a big tree, but bounced out into the middle of the fairway. Of course, it left me a lot further back than I'd like to have been, but I was in the middle of the fairway.  My three wood got me up to about 40 yards from the green, but then I didn't get a pitch shot on the green.  Ended up with a 6 on the par 4.  But, I shot pretty well today.  I had a 39 - 40 = 79.  I don't believe it will get me any money, but I'm satisfied with the score.  Just not satisfied getting that double bogey.
I believe this was round 28 for the year.  I'll check older posts and if I'm wrong I'll come back and correct it.

No comments: