Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Riding the "Double Bogey Train" to round 31 for the year

I started off pretty good at Shawnee GC today.  I had a par on #1, a par on #2, which is like a birdie for me,as I can't reach that green in two, and then the 'Double Bogey Train' pulled into the station.
I had 3 double bogey's on the front, and a triple bogey on #17 to finish my round today with a 41 - 45 = 86.  This will be one of those rounds that is thrown out when figuring my handicap, so it won't raise my handicap any.  However, another bad  round and I know my handicap will go up.  I never try to throw off to raise my handicap, but I'd like to have every stroke I earn.  I believe if you throw out a high round, you should also throw out the low round when computing handicaps.  Take the last 5 rounds, throw out the high and low, then average the remaining 3.  I believe that would give a pretty consistant picture.  In our league we're only getting 80% of our handicap anyway, so don't just throw out the high score.
It was hot out there today.  I was planning on walking but Bubby Brown brought his cart and I went ahead and rode with him.  It only cost me an additional $4.50 to ride on someone else's cart, so I went ahead and did that.  I'll do it again Thursday at Iroquois GC.  It's supposed to be one of the hottest days of the week.  I'll be glad when this hot spell is over.  It's just way to hot to do anything outside.

No comments: