Thursday, February 17, 2011

Windy Golf for Round #3 of 2011

I don't like to play golf in the wind.  But, it beats not playing golf at all.   I played Iroquois GC today and shot a 45 - 42 = 87.  How I played:  Driving 'A', Fairway shots 'F', Chipping 'C+', Putting 'B'.  I've been getting off the tee well, but my fairway shots have been killing me.  I'm pulling out of my shots and hitting them off the toe of the club.  Either making for weak shots or shots way right of the target, sometimes getting into trouble.  My chipping has been decent, and my putting stroke has been good.  However, reading of the putts have been a little off.  I've been reading more break into the putts than there has been, causing me to make good putting strokes but missing the putt  on the high side.  There were a few greens today that some of the balls after coming to rest started rolling away.  Even some of the putts while rolling you could see the wind take the ball off line.  I didn't stay around to see who won today.  There were 4 teams and we were the first in and the second team in beat us.  No since staying around when the last team wasn't even in site yet.  Even if I don't sound like it, I enjoyed the round.

No comments: