Monday, February 21, 2011

And then a little more metal detecting

I started out at Champions Park metal detecting today, but all I found were a few nails. I moved over to the Water Tower Soccer Fields, on the west side of the driveway.  Around the small field all I found was a few pennies, but when I moved to the large field I started finding quarters.  I guess bigger kids lose larger coins.  I found a total of $3.16, which is one of the larger totals I've had metal detecting in one day.  I've found more coins, but not in large denominations like today.  Those quarters add up to dollars a lot faster than those pennies do.

1 comment:

Judith Bowman said...

Any wheat pennies? Lots of change out there! I found an old buffalo nickel in some change from the store the other day - surprised to find it in circulation.