Saturday, February 12, 2011

Golf Clubs

I have a lot of golf clubs in the basement.  With the age of new technology, golf clubs are outdated after one year.  I would imagine that with most of these clubs being 30 or more years old, they're pretty outdated, too.  I used to buy clubs at yards sales.  My thoughts were that, being poor, if me or my sons lost a a club, say a 6 iron, we could replace it with one in the basement.  Not a match for your set, but a cheap replacement. 

Now that my son's have grown up, they not only can take better care of their clubs, but can afford their own and buy the replacements they need.  The picture shown  are the clubs I have left over.  I've gotten rid of over half the clubs I used to have.  Most of them went to Shawnee GC for the 'First Tee' Youth golf program.  I took a lot of clubs along with some bags, balls, and golf tees down there early last year to get rid of them.  I checked with them first and they said they'd be glad to get them.  So, now, all I have is what you see.  Anytime we have a yard sale I put a few out.  They usually don't sell.  So, if you'd like to try out a different putter, I've got about 20 old putters stored away.  I don't care how much technology advances, putting is 99 percent confidence.  Maybe one of these old putters might just 'feel right' when you stand over that ball.

2 comments:

Judith Bowman said...

Bobby, I'd love to see the wooden clubs (I learned how to golf on a set) but now I'm beginning to wonder. Really - why would you hang on to all of these other clubs (and saying 'just in case' doesn't count). Just askin'...

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Why of why don't we get rid of most of these?????