Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What else? Bad golf for round 2 this year

I finally got out to play golf again this year. I didn't play well, but didn't expect to.  It was a little cold when we first started, but the back nine was comfortable.  I played a little better on the back nine.  I shot a 44 -43 at Shawnee GC.  It was really hard to club yourself today.  The ball just didn't seem to carry.  I ended up deciding to hit 2 more clubs than normal from the fairway.  Even then sometimes I came up short.  The greens were hard to putt. Some were fairly fast, others were shaggy and slow.  Some were frozen, others held pretty good.   The fairways were wet enough so that you didn't get any roll on your drives.  So, with the ball not carrying and no roll, having the tees moved up to winter positions didn't help that much.  I hit good drives today, poor fairway shots, poor chipping, average putting.  It was fun, felt great to get out.  We'll play again Thursday, this time at Iroquois GC.

No comments: