Sunday, July 25, 2010

Topsy-Turvy Update


I thought I'd update you on my Home-made Topsy-Turvy tomato plant. I really didn't want to buy one from the store for $15, so I did my own. I didn't have enough potting soil to fill this pot, so I mixed sand with the soil I had. My reasoning was that it would help it to drain well and not get root-rot from to much water. Good intentions, but what it has done is make me water this plant twice a day or it will dry out. I'm not sure if I can blame it on the soil or the heat we've been having. It has a lot of tomato's on it, but they are small. I think that's mainly due to it drying out every so often when I forget to water it. Several times is looked so bad I didn't think it would come back. But, about an hour after watering it it would fill back out. I don't think I'll do this again, but it was kinda neat to watch grow.

2 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

It looks pretty healthy. Maybe I should run out in the yard and touch it with my "green" thumbs.

Judith Bowman said...

Looking good! All three of my plants have small tomatoes too. I like to water everything in the morning when I first get up and have a cup of coffee...and they're still small. Ripening small too.

Mary Lynn, I have some Sage Green paint you can use on your thumbs...(?!)