Saturday, July 24, 2010

Oh Crap! More Bad Golf!


I know the name of this Blog is Bob's Bad Golf, but I wish I could write about some GOOD golf sometime. I played Weissinger Hills GC today and shot a 45 - 50 = 95, my worst round in a little while.I mis-hit a lot of shots in the fairway today. Just one of those rounds when you feel like "What's the use?". We had a threesome, and the course hooked us up with a single, who rode with me. What a Jerk he was. That may have been one of the reasons I played so bad. I can't stand playing with someone who cusses and throws clubs every time he hits a poor shot. I mean, I could tell he wasn't that good, so why not expect to hit some poor shots when you're out there? Believe me, I'm an expert on hitting poor shots. But, while I don't like it, I feel like I'm pretty easy going about it. I know that I play better than the way I played today. But if I were with 3 strangers, they wouldn't know that, and I don't think I'd need to tell them. If I couldn't play better when I'm with them, then as far as they're concerned, that's the way I play, and I'll let them believe that. I might play with them again sometime and maybe they'll give me strokes. I doubt that I've ever played with someone when they've played the worst game they've ever played. I know people play good sometime and bad sometime, and I never expect that the game they're playing today is the same way they play all the time. This was round 37 for the year. I still had fun.

1 comment:

Judith Bowman said...

As Erin would say, "Whatever..."
;)

P.S. Love the picture.

P.P.S. Love the Bob Newhart quote -I think he's one of the funniest comedians ever.