Saturday, April 20, 2013

Well, I guess I'd better report on a little Metal Detecting

I did a little metal detecting today for the first time in a long time.  Didn't have much luck, but it was nice to get out again.  I found $1.24.  With a few coins I had in the bottom of the detecting box from earlier hunts, it brings my total detecting finds to $152.02.
I need to find a place to do a little hunting.  Checking school yards and parks  that have been detecting to death, just isn't going to yield much.  I'd like to check a bunch of those yards over off Highland and Hepburn.  Those houses are all over 100 years old.  Everyone of them has had clotheslines in their backyard.   That's always a good place to check for old coins.  Oh well, if any readers of my blog have a yard they'd like me to check, let me know.

3 comments:

Mark said...

I had to run an errand Middletown during lunch on Monday, and had time to stop for a few minutes at Crosby Park. I detected a promising picnic area right near the concession stand, but the ground was packed full of junk signals. Must have been a lot of pull tabs and bottle caps. Then I spend a few minutes at a playgound, and had some very interesting signals, but 3 inches under the mulch was a layer of fabric that I didn't want to tear up. So I got skunked.

Anonymous said...

why are you using my image without paying for it ?

nigel spooner said...

btw the coin in the picture is an Elizabeth I half pound

http://www.coins-of-the-uk.co.uk/pics/hamm/eliz/10s/