Monday, April 8, 2013

8th Round for the Year played at Weissinger Hill GC in Shelbyville

I played at Weissinger Hill GC yesterday.  I shot a 48 - 43 = 91.  Not so good, but I feel like my game is starting to get back to it's summer level.  I played a lot better on the back nine.  Seven bogies and ended with 2 pars.  Nothing worse than a bogey on the back nine.  I feel like that's pretty consistent.
I'll make a few comments about scoring.  One stroke.  That's what a putt counts.  One stroke, that's what a 300 yard drive counts!  They count the same.  Also, whether you get a 4 or a 5 on a whole, or an 8 or 9 on a hole, that one stroke counts!  It seems when someone has a bad hole, they don't think that one stroke counts much.  "Oh, give me a 8 or 9, it doesn't make any difference".  Well, do they say, "I had a par 4, but give me a 4 or 5, it doesn't make any difference".  If they have a bad hole, that one stroke makes no difference, but it makes a difference if they have a good hole.  So,I'm saying, "what's the difference, it's still one stroke!"  Count all your strokes, no matter how you play the hole.  I have people tell me "Put down what you want."  No, I'd like to put down what you HAD!

No comments: