Thursday, April 4, 2013

Report on the last 2 rounds of golf

Rounds of golf have been hard to get in this year.  I played Shawnee GC this past Tuesday, shooting a poor 46 - 47 -- 93.  Every year at this time I'm amazed at how far my ball 'doesn't' go. I really have a hard time getting 150 yard drives, and if I'm more than 150 yards from the green, I can't reach it!  Pretty discouraging.  At least, beginning April 1st, my rounds will count towards my handicap, and it will start going up.  We kept the same handicap over the winter and it wasn't nearly enough for these cold conditions.  I'm sure I won't start playing decent until the weather warms up.
I played Iroquois GC today, for my 7th round of the year.  I shot a 46 - 45 -- 91.  This is the same course during the summer I was shooting pretty consistently around 80!  We did win low team today, so I got $10!  We played pretty bad, but the other teams played worser!  During the summer it takes a team total average close to 70 to win.  Today our team average, after handicap, was 79.5.  Pretty bad, but better than the others.  My 9 handicap netted my score to an 82.
It was amazing how much different the greens were at Shawnee Tuesday and Iroquois Wednesday.  The greens at Iroquois were very fast, and if you were above the hole, you would pretty much be putting your second putt from just off the front of the green.  On hole #2, the pin was near the front of the green.  Mike and Buddy both had a ball near the back of the green on the left fringe.  Both not only putted off the front of the green, but their ball rolled down the hill and their next shot was 50 yards from the green. 
I think the weather is finally getting warmer and it won't be long before we'll be out there playing in shorts and complaining about how hot it is.

No comments: