Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tuesday Golf, Round 10 for the year

When you play golf in the Spring you never know what weather to expect.  Today was supposed to get up into the 70's with mostly sunny skies.  I don't think it ever got out of the 60's and stayed cloudy all day.  With the brisk wind from the West it stayed a little cool all day.  I still played in shorts and short sleeve shirt and was comfortable, but it could have been a little warmer.
We played Shawnee GC today, and started on the back nine.  I shot a 43 - 39 = 82.  Not bad, but the main problem was that I had a lot a good holes, but threw in a few terrible holes.   I was one under after 4 holes on the back nine, then double bogied the next two holes.  Couldn't stand the pressure.
I found out today that I did have low round last Thursday, and got $12 for my effort!  That was nice.  Didn't play well enough today to get any money.  My handicap dropped one to an  11, and I don't think the  82 today will make a change, but you never know.  I'll see what the 77 I had last Thursday does to my handicap at Iroquois this Thursday.  I find it amazing that one bad round never raises my handicap but one good round ALWAYS lowers it.

No comments: