Monday, February 27, 2012

Time for another "Blast from the Past"

I ran across these old pictures so I thought I'd share them.



This is just a couple of blocks from the house. Looking east on Ellison and Schiller.  St. Michael's Cemetery is on the right.  Barret Ave is at the top of the hill.











Just thought I'd put in places you'd recognize.  This is 3rd and Eastern Pkwy, circa 1946.












Bardstown Road and Douglas.  The Twig and Leaf would be on the near corner today, and a PNC Bank where the Shell station is.












The Steiden Grocery at the Corner of Clarks Lane and Preston Hwy.  Located on the northeast corner, circa 1946.










And, back in the day, the East Drive-In Theatre.  This is Shelbyville Road, across from what is now the Shelbyville Road Mall.  Circa 1949





I hope you enjoyed the trip down memory lane.  I remember going to the East Drive-In.

1 comment:

Judith Bowman said...

These all look so "fifties!" Alot of change since then. Great pics.