Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Finally.....Round 2 for the year.

It was a beautiful day, and I was finally able to get in a round of golf.  My back is feeling better, the weather was nice, only my golf game was bad.  I hit way too many bad shots to shoot a respectable score, but I hit a lot of good shots that made me feel confident that my game hasn't gone completely.  I shot a 43 - 43 = 86 today.  I wasn't the low man in my foursome, so I know I can't win any money this week.  It would have been a good week to win.  There were a lot of people playing today.  I tried counting them while we were playing and I came up with 18.  I know that's gotta be close.  So $18 each to the winners of front nine, back nine, and total 18 score.  Manage to grab two of those and it's $36!  That's a pretty good haul in our league!
I was very glad to play today and not have my back hurt.  It was a little stiff, but it didn't hurt me.  I don't know if being stiff or just laying off for awhile caused me to top a few 3 woods, that's what I did.  Plus a terrible shot thrown in every now and then, led to  the 86.  Maybe Thursday, with the practice today, will be better.

No comments: