Thursday, February 16, 2012

Back on the Course, Back Pain and All....

My back pain just won't go away.  I decided to play golf today, anyway.  After a couple of holes I dropped out of our team competition because I could tell I couldn't swing a normal swing and I didn't think it was fair that I drag the rest of the team down with me.  If' I'd have just been playing for myself I wouldn't mind losing.  But, I didn't think it was fair to the rest of the guys to count my score on our team.  I ended up being able to play the complete round, but shot a 48 - 46 = 94.  I managed to sink a couple of nice putts to keep it that low.  I will play, but I'm not going to put up my money for competition until I feel like I'm ready to make my normal swing.
I do feel like playing today helped me.  I think my back feels better now than it did this morning.  I think getting out, stretching, moving, walking, has probably helped.  So that's why I'll continue to play.  I took a little extra medication to play, so I hope I'm not feeling a little better because of that.  But, we'll see.  It felt good to get out and play, even being with a limited swing.  It's been several weeks now.  It was a lot colder today than I thought it would be, too.  The temperature wasn't bad, but the cloudy, windy conditions made it feel a lot colder than you would think.  Plus, I think today the course was the wettest, sloppiest, I've played on this year.  It was really bad.  Even many of the greens had standing water that we had to try to putt around.  But, it was fun.  I enjoyed it.  So, I look forward to the next decent day to get out and play a little.

1 comment:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Except by this evening, his back was worse.