Monday, February 6, 2012

Line Dancing Lessons

Mary Lynn and I noticed in the Highland Community Ministries Newsletter last week that they offer Line Dancing each Monday at St Paul United Methodist Church.  That's located at the corner of Douglas and Bardstown Road.  We thought we'd give it a try.  So, today was our first day.

Mary Lynn had some Line Dancing a couple of years ago, but I've never done any of it, so it was new to me.  The Lane Dancing was from noon to 2 pm.  When Mary Lynn and I walked out of that place today at the end of the session  you'd of thought we just ran a marathon!  2 hours of line dancing is hard work!  It was a lot of fun, and we plan to go back next week.  It's set up so that if you're a beginner, you can learn some of the dances, but if you've been doing this awhile, a lot of time isn't spent on teaching.  You get to do a lot of dancing.  About half the songs the instructor will go over the steps before it starts, but other songs she just plays and the people dance.  You can watch and try to catch on to those, or just sit and watch.  Every week we go we'll pick up more and more of the moves and, after awhile, be able to keep up.   I thought we did pretty good for the first week.  It seems like each dance has 4 separate sets of moves that you repeat over and over.  I get the first couple of sets, but get confused on the last part.  I'm sure it'll get easier.  It's amazing how tired I was after 2 hours!

1 comment:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

I loved it, though got confused which way to turn so often. There were about 18 people there, ranging in age from probably early 40's to 70's. Lot's of fun!!!